Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the forums, but been lurking and setting up an office tank to enjoy while do my work. Today I finally had the chance to pick out my new office pal- he's awesome! A couple months back I found this supplier who mainly sells online, but is local to me, and today I was able to go through his shipment that just came out of quarantine and I picked this fella. It was so hard to pick one. No idea what I'll name him yet..needs to be a legal name to follow his predecessor De Novo "Novo".
Marine invertebrates Botany Organism Wood Terrestrial plant
Syngnathiformes Wood Fish Marine biology Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
Pets: 5 dogs, 4 fish tanks, 2 frogs
553 Posts
Wow! Stunning! Never seen those colours together on a betta before ( prob just me lol )!
Was he expensive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Stunning! Never seen those colours together on a betta before ( prob just me lol )!
Was he expensive?
I’d never seen the colors together in person either! — just online on things like aquabid so when this fishstore/supplier came up on my google search as being all of five minutes down the road I was excited.

Yeah- he wasn’t cheap. I’m happy with my purchase, but he was definitely a splurge to myself. He’s a recent import from Vietnam so that probably played into the costs since I imagine the shipping costs and overhead filter down to the customer.

·
Registered
Slate (My betta) Tomato Soup (Rescue, being rehomed)
43 Posts
He is gorgeous! Could you send a full picture of the tank? I love seeing different tank set ups. And I agree, it is so difficult to choose between all the bettas that are available. Choosing my girl was incredibly difficult!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi! I am new to the forums, but been lurking and setting up an office tank to enjoy while do my work. Today I finally had the chance to pick out my new office pal- he's awesome! A couple months back I found this supplier who mainly sells online, but is local to me, and today I was able to go through his shipment that just came out of quarantine and I picked this fella. It was so hard to pick one. No idea what I'll name him yet..needs to be a legal name to follow his predecessor De Novo "Novo". 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 View attachment 1045184 View attachment 1045185
looks amazing welcome to the forum

·
Registered
Carnation - Male/Red/Veiltail Betta
44 Posts
Hi! I am new to the forums, but been lurking and setting up an office tank to enjoy while do my work. Today I finally had the chance to pick out my new office pal- he's awesome! A couple months back I found this supplier who mainly sells online, but is local to me, and today I was able to go through his shipment that just came out of quarantine and I picked this fella. It was so hard to pick one. No idea what I'll name him yet..needs to be a legal name to follow his predecessor De Novo "Novo". View attachment 1045184 View attachment 1045185
Oh my goodness!!! He is simply wonderful!!! Quite a betta you got there!! I can't wait to hear his name!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my goodness!!! He is simply wonderful!!! Quite a betta you got there!! I can't wait to hear his name!!!
I couldn’t find a legal name I liked, so began a new tradition— I’m a golf fan so he’s now “Rory.” Besides being my favorite player it means “red king.” And he’s a giant betta so it suites! I’m working on setting up a divided 20 long where “Spieth” (another top player) will eventually be bought from the same supplier.

·
Registered
Carnation - Male/Red/Veiltail Betta
44 Posts
OHHHHHHH that's perfect! It suits him!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts