Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Betta's since I was a kid but about 2 yrs ago I decided I was gonna start a sorority with all kinds of fish and betta. I did what people would say is crazy and stupid because along with the bettas I have others.

I just currently transferred them all from a 10 gal tank to a 20 gal tank which will be heavily planted in about one month or so.

what currently in there are

3 femal betta, one crowntail, one veil tail and one normal
1 Newt
1 zebra Cory
3 otocinclus
12 ghost shrimp(for feeding/cleaning purposes)

check it out, lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
okay well, that blue one and that red one look like males, but aside form that you need a minimum of 5 bettas for a sorority and WAY more cover for them, they are aggressive and need decor to break eye sight from eachother when they are feeling hateful. and they WILL eat the ghost shrimp.. so they won't be diong much cleaning as much as a nice snack. Cory cats are shoaling fish, you need more than 1. Most people DONT start with sororities since they can go SO wrong. BUT you said it will be more heavily planted, but i suggest you go out and buy fake plants for now. And 3 more bettas... but anywho! good luck! i like the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah I plan on getting more. And like I said they were all in a 10 gal tank before for at least 2 yrs. And all my betta are female. Thought they were male at first too. They've all developed an understanding for each other so there is no fighting. Hasn't been for a while. So fake plants wont be necessary until I get it heavily planted in a month. Thanks for the feed back though

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
so you've had them for a long time. they arent new. gotcha. well, i hope the planted tanks goes well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.