Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I've been reading this forum for about 8-9 months, I finally got around to creating an account. I've been keeping betta for three years, and currently have two: a blue CT Zircon and a green HM Seamus (my VT Dante passed away recently from dropsy). :-(

As such, staring at an empty tank makes me sad. I've sterilized the thing for three days now and would love a new betta. My dream betta is a black orchid crowntail (like this guy: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184084703492325167/)

I've only ever found one once and didn't have space or money. I regret not adopting him, I've never seen one since (I've seen a few plakats, but I prefer the color on CTs) despite my constant checking of AquaBid now. Are there any breeders of orchids out there? Does anyone know where I may get one of these gorgeous boys? Thanks so, so much! Sorry this is so long haha.:oops:

· Registered
1,683 Posts
I was cruising aquabid last week and saw three really stunning black orchid ct's. I think it was bettatommy99.
One of them was a king crown! He was gorgeous.
I don't think anyone on here is breeding ct at the moment. I follow all the spawn logs, which is where to go to see who is breeding what.

· Registered
647 Posts
I love Black Orchids. I saw a Black Orchid CT male at a small LFS but he had dropsy, poor little guy. I now have a little Black Orchid CT female that I got from a different place that gets in rare and hard-to-find colours. Just waiting for them to get in their Black Orchid boys. Hopefully they have them today.

Sometimes you luck out but my advice for finding one is to ask local fish stores if they'll be getting any in...they should know what colours they're getting in. If they don't know what you're talking about, just show them a picture. Or you could cruise around Aquabid.

· Registered
42 Posts
I found one called a "premium crowntail" at petco... they do turn up in stores occasionally, he's a gorgeous boy I named Viper! I think just be patient searching your local stores or wait it out on AB or ebay is your best bet. I consider myself lucky finding him, because I haven't seen another like him at any store, but you might get lucky, too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.