Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been lurking on the site for a little while, but thought I might as well get stuck in!

I will be getting my first Betta quite soon, and I just wanted to check if I was on the right track with everything. I've been researching for a while and at the weekend went out and bought a new tank.

I've set up a 5 gallon tank with filter, heater, and some sandy substrate. The filter seems too powerful so shall be baffling that before the Betta goes in. I've already started it cycling and I shall be picking up some live plants in a few days, I plan to have some buried and some floating.

I have water conditioner, and I already have an established bigger community tank so I know about water changes and gravel siphons etc.

I just wanted to know if there was anything specific to keeping Betta that I am missing, they seem so delicate to me.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rapture

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Welcome!

A heater! And other then the basic care of weekly water changes, high protein foods that are higher quality.. that is pretty much it. Sounds like you have a great set up going and will give him/her a great home :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
For a "newbie" you sound pretty set. Some tips, is bettas love varieties of food (okay well most do). Freeze dried bloodworms are a lovely treat, pellets are better than flakes, and live or frozen foods they love! :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Good luck!!! :)

(and good luck with only keeping one hehehehehehe)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts