Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short someone at my work bought a baby betta fish, was shocked when I told her she should not let it live it's life in the same cup she bought it in, and then decided she didn't want it. So I have a baby betta now. He (it was labeled as a boy but I have no clue if that's accurate) is currently in a tiny, 1.5 gallon (I think, I don't remember it's exact specs.) it's heated and I have a mini sponge filter on the way but I have no idea how else to take care of this guy/ gal. If it makes it to adulthood I have a great 5 gallon tank ready and waiting for it, but I have no idea how to take care of a baby. I have two adults in a split ten gallon but they're pretty hardy, so I'm not completely clueless but any kind of advice would be fabulous. Also, really curious as to what species it is/ what color it'll be if anyone has any ideas on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
If the five gallon is ready, he could probably go in there now. More space will only do him good.
Congrats on the new fish!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.