Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my newly planted 2.5g tank for my Betta fish. I bought some anubias nana from Petsland and I planted them in the soil. Then I noticed that anubias are usually planted attaching to a driftwood or rock. Can I plant them like this or will I kill them?

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anubias have a rhizome that can rot if it's buried. It should be okay to bury the roots, but make sure the rhizome isn't, or the plants can die. Right now, it looks like the rhizome is buried on your plants.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am trying to move the rocks that cover the rhizome away with chopsticks!!
Really TOUGH work!!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can thread fishing line through the roots then secure the line to a piece of slate or something else inert. bury the slate and let the plant rest right on top of the substrate. Gives the illusion of being planted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can thread fishing line through the roots then secure the line to a piece of slate or something else inert. bury the slate and let the plant rest right on top of the substrate. Gives the illusion of being planted.
wow, never thought of that before. Brilliant idea!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,778 Posts
I go against all the rules and plant mine rhizome and all and they grown like crazy. However, I don't recommend it because if the Anubias dies I dont' want it to be my fault. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts