Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
The only way I that I know of getting rid that kind of algae is to manually remove it or reduce the amount of the light in the tank an hour or 2 less each day until it become more manageable. It shouldn't take long because the plants will start competing again for the nutrients over the algae.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow that looks neat and what is an NPT? I've seen this hundreds of times but don;t know what it stands for. Forgive my stupidness.

·
Registered
785 Posts
NPT stands for Natural Planted Tank. It usually means that a fish tank is set up with some type of soil and filled with all sorts of plants. This type of tank requires a little planning because once you set up the tank nothing should be moved or it will make a mess and you will most likely have to start over.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ahh I see no proeblem there all my planst are fake so i can change and do what i want with it less work for me in that sense.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just in case if anyone is stalking my thread. Here's how it looks like now.

The thing over to the left is the green killing machine that I got online from petco. It was on sale with free shipping so might aswell take that opportunity.

I also bought some seachem flourish products such as excel, phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium. By around a week or so I hope to see changes on how my algae problem gets better.

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
The tank looks goods also just couldn;t resist :) Picture of my tank is here is the thread called 10g divided tank or something like that.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts