Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my betta, Leo, for a week now. When I got him, I wanted to make sure I got the best quality food I could, so I bought NFS in small fish formula so that he could easily swallow it. I used to feed Atticus with a betta food from Aqueon, but since he ended up really sick I figured it would be a good idea to switch foods when I got Leo. The thing is, I'm really unsure how much to feed him since the pellets are so tiny~half a millimeter. I've been feeding him roughly 5 in the morning and 5 at night. I only feed him this much because he's a young betta and they're so small. But my question is am I feeding the right amount or should I change it?

·
Reference Team
7,703 Posts
New Life Spectrum (NLS) is one of the best foods available.

A Betta's stomach is about as big as its eye. An eyeball-sized portion every day is plenty. You don't want to over-feed your fish. Your feeding schedule is about right.

"A hungry fish is a healthy fish." ~~ Byron Hosking, master keeper

·
Registered
888 Posts
I've been feeding my betta the New Life Spectrum (NLS) small fish formula, I've been giving him 2 pellets in the morning and 2 in the evening.

·
Registered
219 Posts
NLS is great! I feed Spooky 3-6 pellets twice a day, the pellets kind of vary in size so just compare the portion you're feeding to the size of your boy's eye. My mystery snail loves the pellets too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, I've been thinking that, even more now seeing what others are feeding. I think I'll up it to 3 pellets in the morning and 3 to 4 in the evening. Those pellets are pretty small...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts