Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon I upgraded my betta fish Zen from a 2.5 gallon tank to a 5 gallon tank. He has acclimated perfectly, eats great, swims a lot, and has more room than ever before. The only strange thing I noticed was that there is for some reason a concentration of bubbles on the surface of the water that appear unable to break through the surface tension. I have seen plenty of bubble nests and these bubbles lack the foam-like appearance. I checked for a possible protein film which seemed very unlikely considering the water is not even a day old yet. There was no oily or cloudy film on the water's surface and the water was clear. There is also some condensation on the glass near the top of his tank but the water temperature reading on my thermometer is a good 76-78. Why is that condensation there and is it a threat to my fish or a sign of something wrong with his habitat? For reference my betta fish is in a 5 gallon tank with a lid, thermometer, and a tetra brand 5-10 gallon whisper filter. Below are a few photos for reference.

Aquarium Aquarium decor Gravel Turtle Reptile
Still life photography Art Still life Illustration Interior design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are normal. Sometimes when you do a water change it will happen.
I ended up finding the potential culprit, due to the size of the tank upgrade I had to buy the new filter. I didn't wash or rinse the new filter before using it so the oil and lubricants kind of got all in the water. I decided the best course of action was to do a 50 percent water change and give the filter a good warm rinse to remove any oils that haven't been dispersed by running it for 24 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts