Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, he wasn't what I went looking for at all, but who could resist this goofy looking guy? So Admiral went into the 20 long community (where he's thriving) and Norbert got his own 5 gallon. After hiding and resting up the first two days he's now full of energy and Mr. Personality!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't he cute? He absolutely refuses to flare for me though. I wish I could get just one shot showing his fins fully.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Some bettas don't like to flare. My brother's doesn't, which is upsetting because he's very pretty. But my three boys and my mom's betta like flaring, especially my two newer ones. Do you have other bettas to show him to?

·
Registered
42 Posts
He's very cute! I like the places he chooses to perch- it's comical or it looks really nice.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two other Betta (one is my avatar), but don't really want to stress anyone by cupping them. Since they're in 5 and 20 gallon tanks, respectively, I can't just carry them, LOL.

Usually I have good success with a mirror, but Norbert just isn't into that. He actually wouldn't flare for me in the store at the other boys either. C'est la vie! He's my "living room fish" and great fun to watch anyway.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah, some bettas aren't into mirrors. I know one of mine just looks at me like I'm crazy XD

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
He's very cute! I like the places he chooses to perch- it's comical or it looks really nice.
Thank you! I had to give him a goofy name, as I find him comical as well. The the whole EE thing and his personality.

He also likes to snooze on his side on a top leaf, that leaves him almost out of the water. Sometimes under his floating pad, which makes him look like he's tucked up under a blankie in bed and sometimes just exposed. First time my husband saw him like that, he thought he was dead! LOL

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get a good picture of him snoozing at the top yet. The reflection from the water surface always messes them up.

ETA: This does show that the occasional Betta with plenty of plants and top cover (two spots are thick with big leaves and shade at the surface) will still choose to use a decoration/hide at times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts