Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I baught my "15g" it was sold to me as a 60ltr 2ftx1ftx1ft tank plus lid, filter, heater, gravel, large rock shaped resin ornament, two small ornaments and a terricotta pot for £30! It had a stand but I binned that, she also gave me a large box of cichlid food, some tetramin baby a spare heater, spare bulbs and a book on tropical fish. That was a bargain! I was pleased that I finally had the 15gal community tank I wanted. The other day I went to buy a background for it. I payed for a 2ftx1ft background. Tried it for size when I got home. Blast it was too small! Donated it to my mum who's tank is definately 2ft and decided today to measure it seen as I was doing some other measuring around the house. It's actually 30inchx12inchx14inch. 20.7us gal according to AQ. Chuffed because it mean's I can up my group of tetra to 10 from 7 and add a few more corydoras to make it a better group without maxing the bioload :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
O gosh. I did this too. I thought a 30 gallon breeder I bought at a thrift store was a 20 but it was a 30 gallon long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts