Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so I don't really think there is anything wrong with my fish I am just mildly curious, but I believe my betta is not a morning fish. Kind of like how some people are not morning people and refuse to wake up without coffee. My husband and I wake up for work every day at 6:00 am. I can't say we totally enjoy it but we do it with minimal complaining. Lately I have been needing to work on the weekends too and today when we turned on the light the fish was I believe sleeping. Then he moved around a bit but lethargically. After a minute or two he came up to greet me. I do admit he normally is instantly active when we to in on the light. so I just also want to make sure he is not showing signs of sickness.
(my tank is still cycling FYI. I do a 20-30% water change daily. We have been doing this for 2 weeks now.)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Nah, sounds like he was still just sleeping :)
My fish tanks are all on timers and so if I put the lights on earlier than they're use to, they're all still sleeping lol. It takes them a few seconds or minutes to register that, hey, the sun is out! we should be awake! haha.

I wouldn't worry unless he continues to stay lethargic after the lights been on a few minutes or hours, if he starts to not eat, or clamps his fins, those kinds of things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah by 6:30 he was completely awake and flirting with me/begging for food as normal. I don't blame him this morning after the alarm goes off my husband groans "aww you have work again?" So he and our fishy friend are tired buddies this morning. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts