Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 months ago, we diagnosed one of my betta with a lympho infection (viral, contagious, and nothing to do but wait it out). Since that time I have been keeping him in another room from my other bettas as well as a separate 1 gal bowl (basically extreme quarantine). I don't use anything on his tank that I use on other tanks. This little ZooMed bowl heater I had worked great for a while, but I realize it's given out on me now because I saw him clamping and the water is cold. I don't want to float him in my other betta tanks for fear of spreading the infection. But I do have a 29 gal tank that I can float him in. Here is the thing: I plan to put a gourami in that tank when I get it fully planted in a few months. I've heard the virus only affects closely related species, and I was wondering if thicklips gourami (Trichogaster labiosa) and bettas are far enough removed that the virus wouldn't infect the gourami. If there is a chance the gourami would be affected, I'm either going to need to get another better heater for the 1 gal bowl or bite the bullet and get a 5 gal because well it's a long story but I have 5 bettas and 2 divided 10 gal tanks plus the QT bowl. When my veiltail is healed, the little boy who is in his home will need a new place to live.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts