Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
J, king | Cosmo, black orchid | Jupiter, zebra nerite
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I noticed my boy J not eating to eat his pellets when he had ich about a week ago. I thought hey maybe he doesn't want it he doesn't feel good. But now he looks completely healthy, the tank is looking great I added salt and the temp is constantly 86. Now he just won't eat his pellets which he seemed to love before.
I'm not sure if he's just gotten used to frozen brine shrimp and now just wants that, picky more or less馃槓

So does the brine shrimp have the needed nutrients for him? I did notice him being more vibrant in his color when I started feeding him that though.

The tank distance, can Betta see well enough to see each other in their own tanks?
Here's a pic of the two tanks, ignore my messy sink馃槼
Tap Food Kitchen sink Countertop Plant

Registered
Flash
Hey,

I don't think that they can see each other, at least not clearly. Bettas are said to be near sighted, so I wouldn't think this would be an issue.

You can try soaking his pellets in some garlic juice to see if that will get him to eat them again.

Brine shrimp are really good for them, too; a really good source of protein!

I can't explain why bettas do that sometimes. I had a hard time getting my guy to eat for a little while, and now he has found his appetite again. He wasn't ill at all, either. Just moody, I guess.

I hope that J continues to improve! :)

Registered
J, king | Cosmo, black orchid | Jupiter, zebra nerite
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

I don't think that they can see each other, at least not clearly. Bettas are said to be near sighted, so I wouldn't think this would be an issue.

You can try soaking his pellets in some garlic juice to see if that will get him to eat them again.

Brine shrimp are really good for them, too; a really good source of protein!

I can't explain why bettas do that sometimes. I had a hard time getting my guy to eat for a little while, and now he has found his appetite again. He wasn't ill at all, either. Just moody, I guess.

I hope that J continues to improve! :)
Ah that's good, im planning on putting my other Betta (Cosmo) in that tank tomorrow sometime.

Hmm. Garlic juice okay. I'll be sure to try that.

Hah maybe they get stomach aches. Or like dogs, just don't wanna eat if it isn't what they want.

Registered
Flash
Yeah, I can't explain it....

My betta stopped eating for a little while too, for no reason at all. He's perfectly happy and healthy and spoiled.

The garlic juice is good to help boost their immune systems, and it's used for fish that are picky eaters. Seachem sells a product called Garlic Guard, but why pay for the expensive stuff when you can buy real garlic soaking in garlic juice at the grocery store?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts