Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new betta a few days ago like 4 days ago and it doesnt eat my pellets or bloodworms. So im windering why is it not eating? I think that the water is too cold or something.
Please help thank you!

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Is he still Active and not Lethargic? It might be because he's new. Some Betta Fish even won't eat until a Week, or 2. As long as he doesn't look sick, he'll be fine. What Temperature is it exactly?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
water temp is at like 72 and it doesnt look sick to me it just doesnt wanna eat according to me

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
72 is unfortunately on the cool side. Is it possible for you to put its tank at a warmer location?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If he doesn't have a heater, get him one, even if he does eat, he will have troubles trying to digest it so you will have many problems with it. Depending on the size of your tank I can give you a wattage of heater to get. So just say...

What brand of pellets are you offering and what type of bloodworm, frozen, live, or freezedried?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If he doesn't have a heater, get him one, even if he does eat, he will have troubles trying to digest it so you will have many problems with it. Depending on the size of your tank I can give you a wattage of heater to get. So just say...

What brand of pellets are you offering and what type of bloodworm, frozen, live, or freezedried?
well i am feeding him freezedried bloodworms, and that kind of pellet

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can someone show me some good but cheap heaters for a 5 gallon, and some good pellets/food for my bettas?

i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

oh and i forgot to add i have a 1.5G

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
I just bought myself a bottle of new life spectrum. I also have Hikari pellets at home and some flakes from Nutrafin. I like to give my bettas a variety. They get the occassional freeze dried blood worm once a week. I dont believe in fasting days, lolol, only cos I like feeding my fish.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought myself a bottle of new life spectrum. I also have Hikari pellets at home and some flakes from Nutrafin. I like to give my bettas a variety. They get the occassional freeze dried blood worm once a week. I dont believe in fasting days, lolol, only cos I like feeding my fish.
what kind of pellets did u get the one for gold fish or others or is there a specific ones for betta, and same for the others.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
what kind of pellets did u get the one for gold fish or others or is there a specific ones for betta, and same for the others.
You should get the betta specific pellets as those are formulated for carnivors. Unlike goldfish which eat both plant and animal (bug) matter, Betta fish are strictly meat eaters. A good one to start wpuld be Hikari's biogold betta pellets

1 - 16 of 16 Posts