Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know I have not been on here in quite sometime..... I have a big problem, the Betta Fish Bug has not been biting lately!! I need someway to get bit again any suggestions to get back in the mix?

·
Registered
240 Posts
...or, drift around the stores where bettas lurk, and look into their tiny, inquisitive faces. Works for me! You could also try a different type of tank, like a riparium or other stylized tank? Try something new!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Try working new plant life or manage some live food for them. I notice that when you start getting bored of something, once you start doing something new for them will usually spark new interests.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
leave the tanks alone except for necesary maintenance, do not even look at the fish, do not let yourself, have another family member do it for you, soon you will find yourself wanting to do the fish work

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
i go look at youtube at betta's and stuff ;p
if you get a marble they could keep you occupied on keeping betta's
look at me i have one turning red now purple! another turning black! and another turning blue lol.
i hope it comes back to you, it is hard to see people leave :( you could even take a break. you could give your fish foster homes at your relatives, and then you could watch youtube and aquabid. it got really badly to get my double tail "Lunar" back, though i only had my half giant with me. i really hope for you to stay though.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
This happened to me.
At that point, I didn't do anything but feed and do water changes. I pretty much ignored my one guy at the time.
One day, I had a horrible day, like sobbing my eyes out. The dog jumped on my face and scratched me instead of comforting me like loving mammals should, so I went to the fish tank and stared at my boy for probably an hour, then realized I felt okay again.
After that my interest in fish has only grown <3
You probably just need some time off. :) Once a betta lover always a betta lover.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I find myself getting annoyed at my cat or the dog (bless him, when he was here) bc they cn get physically annoying lol but the fishies are so relaxing and they do their thing. If I got sick of taking care of the tanks, they would die bc placing bettas into good homes is too tough.
someone's got a quote in their signature here, a betta is not the whole world but to them, something about how you are their world.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Guys! I appreciate it greatly! I will try everyone's advice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts