Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female Betta, Sasha, is not a year old but i wanted to try and mate her with my male betta, Titan, (both veiltail bettas). When i show them to each other, Sasha will show her vertical stripes. But when i take a cup, put her in the cup, and place that cup in Titan's tank (and bubble nest), she only shows horizontal stripes. I'd keep her in there for about an hour or two and she will only show horizontal stripes the whole time. she does not flare back and she is in a submissive stance but has horizontal stripes. Can she still mate? is she getting too old for her to mate? (i mean she is probably a couple months old). any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
6,070 Posts
Keep her in a jar - container that you can put into the breeding tank - keep her there for a few days. Then try floating her with the male and see how she reacts.

Sometimes a female may initially show breeding bars but then stress after sometime floating with the male. The only thing you can do is keep her isolated with as little stress (water change) as possible - until she gains more confidence. Exercise her to another female. Only show the male when you're ready to breed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts