Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I would say the bloat is etiher fat or constipation, either way, feed less. I feed pog one pellet every 2 days and he is fine. He needs less than ur avg betta though, so I would reccoment 1 morning pellet and one evening, NO EXTRAS (although it is tempting). Whatever peopel say, don't tey the pea, it is a myth. We'll see i we can clear it up! I know nothign about velvet though :/

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
does it ave a filter? Filter bacteria which take about a week to grow, eat amonia and poop out nitrite, then bacteria that take mor elike 3 weeks to fully colonize eat nitrite and poop out nitrate (hardly toxic) so my question is: why is there nitrite? you have no filter. anyone able to answer that one?

By the way, for future reference, you WILL have to do water changes more often once you get a filter unless you can find a way to get rid of that nitrate rom the tap. i suggest a naturally planted tank, basically, get a bunch of plants :D I am not experienced with this type of tank (yet) but I know the basics. The plants eat amonia and poop nothing bad at all out so you rarely do water changes. The amonia is gone and the nitrate is not a problem. Just a sugestion. I always keep some real plants in my tank for that purpose, but still rely mainly on a cycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.