Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m super new to this forum but I thought I’d join since it’s a bit of an emergency. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to post :( Today I noticed small growths on the fins of my betta fish who i’ve had for about 3 months, I got him from pet smart. He’s in a 10 gallon with a heater and a filter, 80°. I do 10% water changes weekly. I feed him 3 pellets twice a day and sometimes bloodworms as treats. He looks totally normal besides the balls. I attached pictures of the issue!! Let me know if I can provide any more info to help!! Thanks so much :)))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 10 gallons!
Does it have a filter? yes a carbon filter
Does it have a heater? yes!
What temperature is your tank? 80-82°F
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no it does not
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? none!

Food:
What food brand do you use? tetra small pellets
Do you feed flakes or pellets? pellets
Freeze-dried? no
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
3-5 pellets 2x a day, once a week 3-4 defrosted bloodworms. fast once a week

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? 1x a week
What percentage of water did you change? 10%
What is the source of your water? tap water with conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? dip out
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner?
just conditioner, the tetra betta conditioner

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

my kit is coming from amazon tomorrow! i didn’t realize i needed one until now :( 1x a month i do the occasional test to make sure ammonia isn’t too out of the ordinary but that’s all. so sorry!!

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? today, definitely weren’t a problem 2-3 days ago
How has your Betta’s appearance changed? small round balls on his fins
How has your Betta’s behavior changed? sleeping next to heater instead of in his hide like normal
Is your Betta still eating? yes!
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? no, not sure what to do yet
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? no
How long have you owned your Betta? 3 months
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? his fins were short but they’ve grown a lot now

(edited thanks to featherhearts linking the questionnaire!! thank you so much :))

·
Registered
Blue
154 Posts
Welcome! 😊Just to get a better idea of what’s happening, please fill out this questionnaire. I know you answered some of them already but it’ll just help to organize it and make it easier for the others to help you. I saw you didn’t get your kit yet so you can update the parameters when you get it. Also I have the freshwater master test kit by API. It helps to check ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Lasts a while I heard too and comes with 4 tubes. Everyone is here to help. Hope you get an answer soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! 😊Just to get a better idea of what’s happening, please fill out this questionnaire. I know you answered some of them already but it’ll just help to organize it and make it easier for the others to help you. I saw you didn’t get your kit yet so you can update the parameters when you get it. Also I have the freshwater master test kit by API. It helps to check ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Lasts a while I heard too and comes with 4 tubes. Everyone is here to help. Hope you get an answer soon.

done! thank you so much for your help :) that’s actually the exact kit i ordered!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts