Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings my original post was here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=383314

Housing
What size is your tank? 20 gallon
What temperature is your tank? 78-82
Does your tank have a filter? yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? yes 2 air stones
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 6 other female bettas and 4 peppercorn cory cats

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Atisons betta pellets/NLS betta pellets, Frozen bloodworm once a week and no food on Sunday.
How often do you feed your betta fish? once or twice a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 20-25%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Seachem Prime to treat water

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 5 ppm
pH: 7.2
Hardness: ?
Alkalinity: ?

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? it has not changed since I bought the fish, the reset have grown at least double in side, this has remained the exact same.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? It used to "calmly" swim around and come up to the top when it was feeding time. Now it sits at the bottom of the tank.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? The bottom of the tank phase has been about 2 days now.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I wasn't able to find what to treat for as I don't see any physical issues. I did put the fish into a new quarantine tank in case it was getting bullied or something when I wasn't looking around but that hasn't made much difference.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? This fish has always been the slow one out of the group but was never this unresponsive.
How old is your fish (approximately)? Fish is now approx 7 months old

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update, the fish has gotten much worse. I think at this point its not going to be fixable/reversable. The fish is barely able to make it to the top of the tank to breathe so I've relocated her into a cup that floats at the top so she can breathe. The staggered breathing is getting worse and it appears the scales are starting to pinecone at this point. I'm not sure what I should do at this point any suggestions would be useful including if I should remove the fish from suffering. Thanks much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.