Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who Has The Best Show Betta (and others) of Summer 2012?
Read and Enter Below To Find Out! Visit HERE for discussion thread and a favorite color betta poll.

A Big Thanks To Photobucket For the picture above. NOTE: BETTAFISH.COM IS NOT AN ACTUAL HOST OF THIS CONTEST.

To Enter:
Fill Out the Form Below and Upload your best picture(s) of your Betta Fish posing or being normal, as if they were at a real live fish show.

Name: (If Applicable)
How'd You Wound Up With this fish(es):
Picture(s):

Please comply with all Bettafish.com Rules, mixed breeds/colorations allowed, You may enter as many as you'd like, the fish don't have to be show quality, this is a for fun contest where betta owners can show off their pets.

Prizes:
Bragging Rights For the Most Part, Portraits if artists would like to volunteer, or donated prizes (see below) but their will be the following things being judged: (PM Whittni if you'd like to donate a prize or do portraits) There will be a printable banner to winners and participants.

Males, Fry and Females are judged separately in the categories listed below:
..BEST OF SHOW
..RESERVE BEST OF SHOW

...BEST OF VARIERTY
...RESERVE BEST OF VARIETY

...MOST COLORFUL
...RESERVE MOST COLROFUL

DONATED PRIZES: (For the Winners)
A Huge Thanks to ... Anyone who donates a prize like an edited pic.
littlegreen
ninjafish
Sincerely
• And Possibly Others, like my donated art skills for your printable participation and winning awards.

Judges: (Up to 6, well 7 Judges)
Whittni
LebronTheBetta
Spazzfish
Sincerely
FrostSinth
kfryman
Mo

Best Wishes to all! Remember Even The Judges Can Enter! The main post cannot be edited after 20 minutes so if changes are made they will be posted in bolded large letters by one of the judges.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BeckyFish97 is also a judge, *cough* the first post should say that, 8 judges!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Out of curiosity how does one become a judge? I've studied multiple show standards and have been breeding for a while. Also an IBC member.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
MrV: I pm'd whittni and she said yes ;)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Oh sweet :D Now how do we go about judging? Based upon which standards? Classifications etc?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sorry I meant to become a judge, I pm'd whittni and she told me I could, if you pm her she will let you know :)

Sorry I'm having an off day :p
Gosh I feel awful :( sorry V

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrVampire181 - I like to judge by eye appeal and to my taste like most judges, you can judge by standards like no torn fins and correct shapes. I haven't found a shape book but I feel inclined to publish one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whittni- tropicalfishkeeping is the parent site of bettafish, is that where you posted it?
*OH* You see that's where it didn't make any sense.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just wondering DQ, how does whittni go about checking with admin?and does it have to be whittni, I was thinking maybe I could sort things with admin, since whittni's busy sorting everything else? :)

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
It kind of does make sense to a certain point.

They don't want new members and other members to think that these contests are being held by the admin himself.

Just someone ask permission and It won't be a big deal. BeckyFish97, you can ask permission explaining everything to the admin and I'm sure you'll get a response soon.

*OH* You see that's where it didn't make any sense.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Actually the admin has hardly been on for the past year or so. Don't expect a very quick response.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts