Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Dramaqueen: I know right? XD

Sakura8: You really mean it?! Woo!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Alright lets do this :D Any particular standards we should go off of?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
General well being?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Well I figured if it was a show betta contest it would be based upon some sort of show standards.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmm, maybe we could set up the classes like this. This way we can divide up the judges into their own categories and that way there will be enough categories for people to appropriately place their bettas into :)

Just an idea, for SHOW Variety judges will be going by both form and color just like a real betta show (I would use Bettas4all standards because they have veiltail)

PET Variety will be for just general form (If it looks like it represents a crowntail, Delta etc. that's as far as judging needs to go for form), color and health.

For Variety's There are subsections for Male and Female

Form Variety's: SHOW
  • Halfmoon
  • Crowntail
  • Halfmoon Plakat
  • Veiltail
  • Double Tail
PET
  • Delta/Super Delta
  • Halfmoon/Over Halfmoon
  • Veiltail
  • Halfmoon Plakat
  • Plakat
  • Crowntail
  • Double Tail
  • Rosetail
COLOR CLASSES (Form is not counted, only color)
  • Red/Orange/Yellow
  • Blues/Greens/Turquoise
  • Black/Black Orchid
  • Multicolor/Marble/Butterfly/Bi-color
  • White/Pastel/Grizzle/Opaque
  • Metallic's/Copper/Dragonscale
SPECIAL CLASSES
* FRY PHOTOS (MUST BE UNDER 2 1/2 MONTHS OF AGE)
* ART
* WILD SPECIES
* BUBBLENEST

At the end
  • BEST OF SHOW (MALE & FEMALE ARE SEPERATE)
  • BEST OF VARIETY'S (SHOW AND PET ARE SEPERATE)
  • BEST OF COLOR
  • BEST OF SPECIAL CLASSES
I don't know if this sounds like a lot of classes or what, but we have a lot of judges and with this many classes judges will be able to enter their own into categories they are not judging and members will be able to place their betta's into many categories. This will also allow for multiple entries for people to put their bettas into!

Let me know if this sounds good.

-Sincerely

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah, great idea! Maybe even add bubble nest?

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you enter into the variety category for SHOW, then yes your betta will be judged against the appropriate standard for their finnage.

If you enter into PET, if it has the general form for its category that's as far as judging goes for finnage. PET is for representing your healthy, gorgeous babies in all aspects without the harsh judging of SHOW.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Glad to see veiltails are included in the show category. :cool:

Will regular tank pictures be alright, or is it better to use a different container for the pictures? Does it matter at all that I don't have a super duper camera?
What ever you want. Just make sure that the pictures are clear enough to judge with. :) Other words, have fun!

·
Registered
160 Posts
^^^Ditto Bettalover2033^^^

41 - 60 of 102 Posts