Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my luck finally ran out. After 2 years and about 25 bettas of which 15 of them were HM or OHM I finally experienced tail biting. I woke up yesterday and was horrified to see my favorite boy Diablo did this to himself sometime during the night. He is in one of my divided tanks and I guess the stress of being able to see the other fish through the holes in the divider was too much for him. I have no choice now but to buy yet ANOTHER tank as all my single tanks are occupied I can't leave him in the divided tank that would just be cruel. I feel really guilty that this happened so he is going to get a little fishy palace all to himself packed with his favorite plants ( he really does have favorites) I think I am going for another Fluval Flex 15 gal, I don't normally like tank kits but I have been really impressed by these and already have 3. I am going to start a discussion on divided tanks but I will do it in the Betta Care forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
For what it's worth, all of my biters have only improved when I gave them something small. I also have a flex 15 and my current biter would have nothing left if I put him in it. But that's just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
22,487 Posts
I had one live quite happily in a 20 long for 10-12 months before he bit. He did have exaggerated fins which may have finally become too heavy?. Once he started biting he only eased up when I put him in a 2.5. But they are all different. Hoping Diablo will be a happy camper in the nine gallon. It's just something to think about if he isn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts