Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my friend has a 20 gallon long tank. He divided it six ways and has six gorgeous betta boys in it. And he said I can buy it and everything in it (including the fish, sand, plants and caves) for $30 because his family is moving and he needs to get rid of his animals as quickly as possible.

But my dad said no. OTL

The fish are all super beautiful, too. There's a yellow delta named Sunny, an opaque white halfmoon plakat named Spirit, a turquoise dragon halfmoon plakat named Milo, a salamander dragon halfmoon plakat named Asia, an orange halfmoon named Starburst, and a reddish orange half-dragon halfmoon plakat named Jinx.
I wanted them so badly. DX Especially Spirit - he was easily my favorite of the six.
So, that's my random/slightly pointless story. XD

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh darn it! Do still have more time to ask before your friend leaves?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh darn it! Do still have more time to ask before your friend leaves?
I still have a week or two, yes. But I doubt my dad will crack - he already thinks I have way to many tanks at 8 of them (hmph!) and it took about a month of convincing him for my last one. Ah, well - I suppose I already do have quite a few fish and I doubt my friend'll have trouble finding a home for these beauties, but I still want them. So much. XD

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bummer!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Darn. You don't know that whoever your friend sells them to will be a good home. Too bad you can't convince your dad. :/

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
:mad: you kidding me?? 8 tanks is not enough..

That's okay. My new roomie wants me to downsize my tanks. He thinks he'll get me a 100 gallon long tank, and I'll stick 14 bettas in it.

No. Not even with dividers =D Heck that'd be an angel tank LOL he doesn't know me very well :3

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Here are two things that make my blood boil.......

1. if you have to move TAKE YOUR PETS WITH YOU.

2. your kid is a good kid and loves animals, let them have pets! it's educational and keeps them off the streets.

/rant

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
-carries on rant- How about people who get pets as fads? >.> we've actually received a fad animal (lhasa shitzu) a "they moved and abandoned the animal" cat, "we cannot care for our dog anymore but we'll keep the other one" dog... :lol:
end rant :p

However there are some times you cannot take an animal with you... some certain times :)

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I've seen a lot of pets be put up for adoption because the owner was forced to move due to lack of funds or something similar, and the new place had a no pets rule. I find it sad. :(

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Time to start to drop hints to your dad...

A 20 gallon tank is normally over 60 dollars.... and thats without gravel, plants... etc
Can't believe ____ is selling his for 30... AND it has plants... AND gravel.... AND its already divided (insert price of dividers)... AND its already stocked... that means I wouldnt have to buy anymore bettas ;-)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, thanks everyone.~ cx
Just thought I should drop in and update.
My dad isn't budging, unfortunately, and my friend is running short on time to give them away. With my permission (I was the only one interested in all six, haha) he started giving the fish away separately and only including the decorations and sand from their part of the tank. So far Sunny, Starburst and Milo have all been rehomed (and there's someone incredibly interested in Jinx) and my friend mentioned that after checking up on the fish the new owners all have at least a 2.5 gallon for them (and only Milo remains unheated, and his new owner I'm also friends with and he plans on getting a heater for him within the next week), so that's good. After the tank is emptied, he's selling it to his cousin.
However, one good thing might have come from this - he knows how much I wanted his fish, so he's offered to give me his favorite, Royal, who is housed in a separate 5 gallon. Royal's gorgeous - it's not hard to see why he's his favorite. He's a beautiful, iridescent purple (similar to this shade: click) halfmoon doubletail, with a clear butterfly pattern on his tail(s) that's edged with a light pink and he has the cutest little silver patch around his mouth. My friend was intending on taking him with him - however it's already a bit hard taking his porcupine puffer and he said that if I really wanted him I can take him off his hands, tank and all. My dad seems pretty against this, too (although slightly less than the bigger tank), but Royal's not really an emergency situation and I won't feel quite as bad not taking him. Still, he's gorgeous, and I'd love to have him around <3

·
Banned
27,608 Posts
soeties circumstances don't allow you to take your pets with you when you move. We had to give up both our dogs years ago before moving to Germany. It's not easy to leave pets behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts