Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the little neon terta's but since I have my girl in a 5 gallon tank and she's the only one I'm not sure if the neon tertras are good for her as a tank mate for her 5 gallon tank. Or if not the neon the ones that are kinda silvery and have a red belly sorta they still shine. I forget the name. I was thinking of having like five of them. But I'm not sure. since she has been by herself for this long and I'm also not sure about the diffrent types of food and if they are compatible. Help please? I'm just insterested in knowing if it's possible.Because I was thinking of getting more female Betta's but I think is too small a tank for four or six female bettas so the Tetras seemed smaller let me know please.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Although tetras are smaller, they are more active swimmers than bettas. I would prefer to see a minimum of 10 gallons for tetras unless your tank is a very long and shallow 5 gallon.

Honestly, aside from shrimp and snails, not many species of fish can be humanely housed with a betta in a 5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well then then is just Lily thanks soo much. I guess that makes sense is best that way. Thanks soo much!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah she is happy and healthy now well thanks soo much! It also mean less work for me as a Fish owner especially since I have bought so much stuff for her already!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts