Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have a female VT betta and a male VT betta. and im pretty sure that my male, Nahh, is about th pickiest lil bugger in th world! when i first got him, i found out he wouldnt eat flakes. no big deal, lots of bettas wont, right? luckily, i also bought the pellets, and he loves them. but i wanted to give him a well balanced diet, so i also got freeze dried bloodworms. he wont even touch them! i thought that was strange, but i asked people on here and they said that was not out of the ordinary either, because it was FROZEN food that bettas cant resist. (this is what i had meant to get...oops lol) so, i went and picked up some frozen bloodworms, and some frozen brine shrimp for the heck of it. and he wont eat those either! he is just a picky little boy, i guess... oh well, at least Meekish will eat her dinner like a good girl :lol: the only thing she wont eat is flakes, so i have just been using them to "feed" the tank im currently cycling. at least something is eating it! :rofl:

anyway, can you think of anything else i can try to feed my picky eater? mostly because i really do want him to have a balanced diet, and also i just want to find something that he will accept lol thanks for reading! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use 'Omega One Natural Protein Formula Betta Buffet Flakes' (long name). & all I know is, is that my male VT loves them! I think I am going to have to get Bloodworms pretty soon, flakes isn't a good everyday meal...

Before I go to feed him he just swims slowly in and out of his little cave and once he sees those flakes into his bowls he gets all happy. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool, maybe ill try those. maybe the ones ihave just dont have a good enough flavor? its worth a shot :) thank you!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
You also might wanna try New Life Spectrum. Both of my betta's have too small mouths for the normal sized pellets so I feed them the small fish formula and they go insane for it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i know its not mouth size,because he loves his pellets. and my little girlie will eat everything i give her (except the flakes lol) and she definitely has a smaller mouth than he does. i guess i could try them just to vary it a little, i mean its still pellets but at least its something different... it could work :) thanks ! :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
No problem. They may like the scent of NLS a lot more too. The Small Fish Formula I use smells decent at best. (Not the usual smell betta food gives off.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.