Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just set up my tank and i was like ':/ man i dont have any water bottles to act as a filter buffer' BUT i saw my plastic plant (that has come off the rock it was glued to) floating around and thought o.o huh why not? XD and it works well and looks much better than a big plastic water bottle XD :3
IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Did you say plastic? Cause plastic plants rip betta's fins.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Well I meant when they are "planted".

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I do something similar with my 10 gallon. I bought a plant that ended up not being fully aquatic (sweet flag)..So instead of keeping in my tank I just rubber band the root area around the front of the outtake...The plant gets watered and the leaves are out of water. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's super cute! And I have a few plastic plants in my tank, as long as they're not too rough they're fine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I did that with a silk plant and my orange boy loves to swim and hide in the leaves now, it's adorable!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XDD yeah :3
and little bitty fishy o_O pics please!?

and fish man its okay it is a silk plant ^^
and omg my little guy started a bubble nest between the side of the tank and the plant buffer XD! :3

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
XDD yeah :3
and little bitty fishy o_O pics please!?

and fish man its okay it is a silk plant ^^
and omg my little guy started a bubble nest between the side of the tank and the plant buffer XD! :3

I have some other plants there too. I had a few trimmings of my mexican petunias until they grew some roots..Then I replanted them outside.Fish tank water is good at propagating new plant trimmings.:tongue:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts