Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up and found this with a proud boy showing it off.

The filter current may have dismantled it, but its the best day for us because hes happyyyuyyuyuuuu!!!

·
Registered
Maxwell: Blue and Red Rose Petal Tail / Jack: Black Copper Large HMPK Male
46 Posts
Hey, that's awesome to see him trying to make a bubble nest! Always a good sign.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, that's awesome to see him trying to make a bubble nest! Always a good sign.
Hes thriving in the 10g. I had to kive him back temporarily to the 2.5g for now because I'm planting my 20g. He made another nest in there, but he doesn't budge as much.

I'll move him back into the 10g once the 20g is cycled and keep the tetra and the cory cat with him.

When my 20g is done, the Danio and the Gourami will make home there. I'll add a school and a bottom feeder later on.

·
Registered
Mr Garvey, male rose tail; A-aron, male betta, no-name; and male P. Clarkii rayfish
9 Posts
Hes thriving in the 10g. I had to kive him back temporarily to the 2.5g for now because I'm planting my 20g. He made another nest in there, but he doesn't budge as much.

I'll move him back into the 10g once the 20g is cycled and keep the tetra and the cory cat with him.

When my 20g is done, the Danio and the Gourami will make home there. I'll add a school and a bottom feeder later on.
So you too suffer from MTS? Welcome to the club .

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should nickname them at this point.

That fact I even understood what MTS stands for definitely adds evidence. The struggle is real.
So you too suffer from MTS? Welcome to the club .

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LH back in his 2.5g currently planted. Its bittersweet he's back here, but I was having issues with moving the gourami back to the 20g.
Hes swimming well and a wee little nest is behind the filter. He bloated on Friday so I fasting him on Saturday until now and he's doing great! :)
What are your thoughts? Ideas for getting rid of algae?

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,575 Posts
How long do you leave your lights on? Is the tank near a window.

IME, it is better for some Betta to be in a 2.5. Those prone to bloat, some that fin bite and RT or other Betta with heavy fins being examples. My one and only RT was at his best and most active in a 2.5.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long do you leave your lights on? Is the tank near a window.

IME, it is better for some Betta to be in a 2.5. Those prone to bloat, some that fin bite and RT or other Betta with heavy fins being examples. My one and only RT was at his best and most active in a 2.5.
Thank you for replying. If the filter wasn't so big in this tank, I'd love it all the more. The live plant environment really helps him too, I feel.

I turn the lights on at 8am before I live and off at 7pm when I return. His tank is in a back corner of my bedroom, however my window faces east which let in a lot of light from the sunset after noon if the blinds are open.

Should I add Gilbert inside with him? They got along well in the 10g.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,575 Posts
I would get a timer and set the lights for eight on. You don't need to run lights if you're not there. I am a night person so I don't turn the lights on until around 4:00 and off at midnight.

I have this filter in the 2.5 and swear by it. One of the ones I'm using is at least 4-5 years old. Adjustable. I did take out the media and add ceramic rings and a sponge. My understanding is the warranty is not valid if bought on Amazon so you might check that out.

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reasonably-priced! I'm hoping it can fit on this tank as the opening is quite narrow.

Can you link me to some threads where your 2.5 tanks are? I'd love to see them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts