Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on dividing my 20 gal long tank with these: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015SL341M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll be dividing it x3(so four bettas) and will have two 100watt heaters(one on each end) I'm going to monitor the sections that don't have any heaters and if they aren't getting any heat, I'll try poking holes in the foams

If that doesn't work, should I get two of these for the non heated sections? if so, which one should I get, the 7.5 watt or the 15 watt ?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006JVQ67K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Hopefully I won't need to get anymore heaters but it never hurts to ask in advance :)

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
You can make that work. But all of those heater cords... . And what about filters?

Most keepers have more success with a 3-way divided 20g. Install the heater and filter in the center bay.

That foam is excellent replacement foam for a filter. As a divider, I think you're better off with something more open, like craft mesh.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll all have their own filters(sponge filters) I don't really care about the heater cords

I'm going to first see how much space the bettas will have if I divide it by 3 and if I find they don't have much, I'll divide it by 2 instead

I'll see how the foam works as a divider and if it doesn't work, I'll get the mesh, I would need to get binder covers(I think that's it) right?

·
Reference Team
7,702 Posts
Let us know how that foam works as a divider. I'm interested.

Binder covers/clips, whatever, are the traditional (Hah!) way to stiffen craft mesh. I can't think of anything simpler offhand.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming for me & I'll be sure to post back once they arrive how the foams are as dividers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts