Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this girl on AB yesterday, and am now man shopping. The breeder offered me a male to go with her, but I can't help but think his form looks a tid bit wonkey. Opinions?

My girl:

The Male

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or there's also this guy

And although it makes no sense with the color of my girl, I ADORE this guy. Out of curiosity, what would I get out of the yellow girl x this boy?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And sorry to post again, but found a few more options. o.o

Blue n' orange

OR

Sorry for that, just so many pretty boys... Anyway, matchmakers?

·
Super Moderator
6,154 Posts
Personally, I like the second yellow (marble ?) and the red dragon. But be careful - my eyesight is bad .... can you see his caudal rays? I can't see them but they don't look right.

The red dragon's body could be better.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
With the red one and your orange female I would say you would get mostly reds.
My favourite out of the lot would be the Blue/white marble plakat.
My second favourite is the last one, but it looks like someone painted over the real colouring, you can see the edge of it looks the same colour as the marble one!!!
The one with the better caudal is actually the last one with the orange!He would probably be better if you intend to breed them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like the second yellow and the last (orange) guy. Probably that yellow the best.

I have a bit of an untrained eye though :) Only just started learning the standards.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like second to last, if he had a Steel Blue Female and turned out like this... OOOHHWEEEEE!

Not my Betta... All credits go to the respective breeder, owner and photographer.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
That second male you posted (the second yellow marble) is by far the best out of the bunch. Much much better form then the first guy, and he's related to the girl correct? So you'll have a very good chance of getting more yellow marbles like the parents in the resulting offspring.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Second marble don't have the best form.
Top line is really weak.
I don't like the too line having a big dip between the dfin n cfin
Plus my eye may be playing trick on me but at some branching there only one or two rays only
Big no no in breeding fancy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure Karen's pair came from the same breeder as the girl you got.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts