Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much thought I am not sure if I want to breed Counter (you can see him in my other threads) or this guy with my red female. This guys color is just awesome....not sure what all I would end up with? .... and I dont know much about this type of betta....help?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Is he a dragon? If so, I would breed him to a red dragon female. I can't tell if he is a HM or not because he isn't flared. It would help if you posted a pic of your female too.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It looks like he's a red dragon with partial turquoise iridescence. Considering you don't know the genetic history of either fish, if you crossed him with a pet store red female, you would likely get mostly metallic / iridescent blues & greens, and/or red bettas. There is a chance that a minimal amount of the offspring might show the dragonscale phenotype, but only in blotches and with very poor scaling. It appears to me that he is a super-delta at full flare, not quite reaching the 180 degree spread of the halfmoon.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Personally I like the dragons. If he had even scaling and less of a teal hue, as well as a full HM spread, he'd be a real looker. I think dragons look more fierce. Like the pitbulls of betta fish. xD

·
Registered
599 Posts
The stickler is that you don't know their genetics, what kind of genotypes they are. It makes it a whole lot easier to predict a spawn when you do. :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
This male has beautiful dragon scaling...However he appears to me to be a cross between a traditional Plakat and a HM which doesn't really make for a good breeder...His finnage is too long to be a good PK and too short to be a good HM......He also has numerous faults in his finnage/form....If you are just breeding him for fun I'd try and find a nice dragon female HMPK...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts