Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the day has arrived...
female has been released into male enclosure. male is currently building bubblenest.

goal from this spawn is to create fry that look more like the mother.
female:

male (photo from breeder):

as you can see, the male is completely dark, but im not particularly worried because he has the identical layers to the female (orange, black, copper, and white). hopefully will get uniform F1s across the board.

edit: 15 minutes after introduction, she's missing a chunk out of her caudal and dorsal fin. superficial wounds. good thing i cant put her in shows, or i would have been piiiiiiiiiissssssed.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I learned from observation of my pair that clearly they're into BDSM but they don't have a safe word! Lol.
seriously! seems like she's really into the kink. not intimidated by him one bit. creeps up to the bubblenest to check it out, fins fully erect, no submission. lol.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update: the female might be enjoying the kink, but im not. placing her back into the glass jar for the day for her to eat a bit and recuperate before releasing her back to the male. if nothing happens by saturday, im gonna call the project off for a bit and retry again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
pair reintroduced 3/29.
currently spawning. :D

funny side comment... when i first went to check up on them, i saw that the male's first nest had been abandoned. scanning the rest of the tank, i found the two fish together...with a new bubblenest, with eggs!

1 - 20 of 159 Posts