Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just wanted to warn people about this particular PetSmart ornament. I've picked it up since it was on sale, but god, it's not worth it. It looks pretty enough, and has large holes that can get the bettas to play without getting stuck, but it's got VERY sharp edges that damaged by poor baby's fin tips.

He's doing way better now, with clean water and AQ salt, but just don't take the risk.

·
Registered
132 Posts
a good tip -- when ever I buy any fish product if the insides are sharp I sand them down or use a dremel and the run some superglue GEL over the edges as a just in case method so everything is sealed up. I've never had issues doing this, but I know exactly what u mean with sharps edges.

There are prob others like me but I will run my hands fingers all over the decor in the store and inside as well. I prob look silly but its my fish

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually a great idea. I've never actually sanded any ornaments down, but I usually feel the inside as well, but with this one, it didn't seem sharp, but when I looked at it more closely, the tighter spaces had pointier ends, I think he squirmed up there and tore up his fins that way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yea im notrious for doing that stuff. Like I said though after sanding it I use super glue GEL around the edges cuz u never know whats underneath that paint. this way its all sealed up and GEL is safe for the fishys

an also if all else fails shove a sponge up there

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts