Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Micheal, Betta 6 months, Neon Tetra, 9 Dwarf Gourami 1, False Julii Corydoras
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t have very many Otis, and want to get more. Are they really delicate? What is the best way of ensuring g survival? Looking for good algae eaters and I already have a rubber lip pleco so I don’t think I can do bn. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I don’t have very many Otis, and want to get more. Are they really delicate? What is the best way of ensuring g survival? Looking for good algae eaters and I already have a rubber lip pleco so I don’t think I can do bn. If you have any suggestions let me know.

I am not sure if the ottos as my petsmart will be healthy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
First, what tank size is this?

Yes, they can be delicate, but not terribly so.
Best way to keep them happy and healthy would be just having clean water, keeping up on your water changes, and having a weekly water change schedule.

As for the ones at petsmart, it’s really just a win or lose situation here, I’ve gotten many fish from Petsmart, most of them have been healthy, but others haven’t, I find that the tanks there are usually clean and well kept, but it really just depends on your Petsmart.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, what tank size is this?

Yes, they can be delicate, but not terribly so.
Best way to keep them happy and healthy would be just having clean water, keeping up on your water changes, and having a weekly water change schedule.

As for the ones at petsmart, it’s really just a win or lose situation here, I’ve gotten many fish from Petsmart, most of them have been healthy, but others haven’t, I find that the tanks there are usually clean and well kept, but it really just depends on your Petsmart.
29 gallon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts