Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to BETTAS! I met my girlfriend 8 months ago and learned a lot about fish.

My girlfriend, who's been taking care of bettas for over 4 years now.. she got her 1st one and named him Rambo. He was a Blue with Red Splendens.

RAMBO was around 3 and a half years old when she decided to get 6 females in a sorority to put in her new 20 gallon tank. We have the betta tanks filled with assassin snail's & red cherry shrimp as part of her ecosystem. She also has a 25 gallon filled with guppies, tetras, 2 dwarf gouramis, a Pleco named Bob who's about 7 inches long, red cherry shrimp (the excess breeding from betta tanks forces us to put it in the guppy tank).. and we also have a frog that I just now decided to name (frogger) my favourite game as a kid lol.. and 2 yoyo loaches.

Back to Rambo at 3 & half years old lol

So we got the 6 females and everything is perfect with them to this date and we've had them now for about 2 months, maybe 3. I decided to name them after hockey playes because the Cup was won soon after we decided to choose Gretzky as the 1st female Rambo has ever met in his 3 plus years of life. I keep emphasizing that because he died 2 days ago, that's why we have the new male Crowntail.. which we named ROCKY! She named the 1st male RAMBO, so I thought of the Sylvester Stallone correlation lol..

Rambo & Gretzky met for 24 hrs while Gretzky was acclimated in the new 5 gallon glass tank we bought for the breeding process. Then we released her and everything was fine, close surveillance for 6-7 hours but still decided to separate them before bed to be sure.. next day acclimated her in the tank for 6 hours.. released.. everything went well.. went to bed and let them stay together.. next morning HUGE BUBBLE NEST and things were good.. no eggs yet.. then spur of the moment 3 hours after my 1st coffee.. they start going at it and it lasted about 4-5 hours.. and left them in there together overnight because Gretzky was such a good mom.. brought the eggs up to the nest as soon as she woke up 😉 about 15x in 4 hours was pretty promising. Next morning.. everything seemed fine but they were not together.. then an hour after 1st coffee we see Rambo attack her.. so we pulled her out and back in the sorority with her 5 sisters.. named Suzuki, Weber, Price, Subban & Kucherov! Rambo seemed to tend to the next well so now it's 2 days after female is out for good and we wake up & the nest is destroyed. 80 hrs was too long.. we recommend 48 hrs tops for this reason.. and 1 baby survived & if its a boy, his name is Solo 😉 and female (has to be a hockey player) and his name is Gallagher! He was nicknamed the WARRIOR in the playoffs and these are siamese fighting fish (in French its Combattant) which speaks for itself!

Now the baby betta is in the original breeding tank with new water and the new Crowntail is in Rambo's old tank.. looks almost like him.

Here are my photos!
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
Neptune & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, and Crystal.
766 Posts
I am brand new to BETTAS! I met my girlfriend 8 months ago and learned a lot about fish.

My girlfriend, who's been taking care of bettas for over 4 years now.. she got her 1st one and named him Rambo. He was a Blue with Red Splendens.

RAMBO was around 3 and a half years old when she decided to get 6 females in a sorority to put in her new 20 gallon tank. We have the betta tanks filled with assassin snail's & red cherry shrimp as part of her ecosystem. She also has a 25 gallon filled with guppies, tetras, 2 dwarf gouramis, a Pleco named Bob who's about 7 inches long, red cherry shrimp (the excess breeding from betta tanks forces us to put it in the guppy tank).. and we also have a frog that I just now decided to name (frogger) my favourite game as a kid lol.. and 2 yoyo loaches.

Back to Rambo at 3 & half years old lol

So we got the 6 females and everything is perfect with them to this date and we've had them now for about 2 months, maybe 3. I decided to name them after hockey playes because the Cup was won soon after we decided to choose Gretzky as the 1st female Rambo has ever met in his 3 plus years of life. I keep emphasizing that because he died 2 days ago, that's why we have the new male Crowntail.. which we named ROCKY! She named the 1st male RAMBO, so I thought of the Sylvester Stallone correlation lol..

Rambo & Gretzky met for 24 hrs while Gretzky was acclimated in the new 5 gallon glass tank we bought for the breeding process. Then we released her and everything was fine, close surveillance for 6-7 hours but still decided to separate them before bed to be sure.. next day acclimated her in the tank for 6 hours.. released.. everything went well.. went to bed and let them stay together.. next morning HUGE BUBBLE NEST and things were good.. no eggs yet.. then spur of the moment 3 hours after my 1st coffee.. they start going at it and it lasted about 4-5 hours.. and left them in there together overnight because Gretzky was such a good mom.. brought the eggs up to the nest as soon as she woke up 😉 about 15x in 4 hours was pretty promising. Next morning.. everything seemed fine but they were not together.. then an hour after 1st coffee we see Rambo attack her.. so we pulled her out and back in the sorority with her 5 sisters.. named Suzuki, Weber, Price, Subban & Kucherov! Rambo seemed to tend to the next well so now it's 2 days after female is out for good and we wake up & the nest is destroyed. 80 hrs was too long.. we recommend 48 hrs tops for this reason.. and 1 baby survived & if its a boy, his name is Solo 😉 and female (has to be a hockey player) and his name is Gallagher! He was nicknamed the WARRIOR in the playoffs and these are siamese fighting fish (in French its Combattant) which speaks for itself!

Now the baby betta is in the original breeding tank with new water and the new Crowntail is in Rambo's old tank.. looks almost like him.

Here are my photos!
Enjoy!
Mine and your crowntail are twins!!! :love:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts