Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
And again while I鈥檓 here, crying as I鈥檓 writing everything馃槄鈥ow do I go about cleaning up his tank in preparation for a new one in a while? Cycling? Replacing things in there or keeping them? Etc?

Registered
I鈥檓 so very sorry for your loss of Mr. Feesh. They leave such big holes in our hearts for such I wee little fish.

Give yourself time to heal and start again when you鈥檙e ready.

Hopefully someone with more experience can offer some insight but, without a firm diagnosis of what was going on with Feesh, I don鈥檛 know if I would put another betta into the tank without sterilizing everything first? But that鈥檚 purely my opinion and I鈥檓 not speaking from personal experience.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@sparkyjoe
Thank you very much. I鈥檓 heartbroken. I basically haven鈥檛 stopped crying since it happened. I鈥檓 just glad I got to hold him and tell him I love him and that everything is okay now. I feel like he really knew somehow, and waited until we were both home with him and got to say goodbye and that we love him and were there with him. I鈥檓 glad it happened Friday night since I work Monday-Friday, so I have the weekend to grieve. But yeah, not doing well馃槙 I hope I took the best care of him possible

Yeah I was thinking I鈥檇 probably deep clean everything and start fresh. It might be good to do that anyway.

Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 2 Hissing roaches
@clerbird321 I'm so, so sorry for just seeing this and about the loss of your boy.

Seeing them go, and especially being with them when they do is always so hard.

And, you did give him a good life. You did everything you could, you let him know he was loved, and were with him till the end.

Keeping you in my thoughts and S.I.P Mr.Feesh

Super Moderator
Sorry for your loss and that I haven't been around much, but like Bettaloversara said, it's probably organ failure or a combination of viral and organ failure.
Whenever I'm unsure, I usually have the tank without a fish for 30+ days, any pathogens usually die off without a host.

I know how hard it is when they're gone, I have 3 buried our front under a plant and marked with rocks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts