Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this white growth (?) on my betta, Peacock. At first I thought gill flukes seeing as it's so close to his gills. However, he doesn't act like he notices it and doesn't rub any more than usual on the decorations. It doesn't appear to move any, but looks slightly fuzzy? It also looks a bit larger than yesterday.
Housing: Drum bowl
How many gallons is your tank? 2 gallons (10 gallon in progress)
Does it have a filter? No.
Does it have a heater? It's sitting inside a 10 gallon tank with another quarantine bowl that's being treated for ich. (It's gone but keeping it heated for another week) The two have had no contact.
What temperature is your tank? 86
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? Tank yes, bowl no.
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? No.

Food:
What food brand do you use? TetraBetta
Do you feed flakes or pellets? Pellets
Freeze-dried? Weekly bloodworms
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? Two pellets daily (they're kind of large), skip Sundays.

Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? Every 2 days.
What percentage of water did you change? 100%
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water? Removed everything.
What additives do you use? None.

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
pH: 7.3
Hardness (GH): Not sure but I think it's soft because we never have any hard water lines in any tank or sink/bathtub.
Alkalinity (KH): Not sure.

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?
Last night
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?
White growth on right gill plate.
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?
Well he did blow an extremely large bubble nest for the first time since I've had him.
Is your Betta still eating?
Always begging for more. Yes.
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?
The heat is raised a bit higher. Haven't started salt yet.
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
He had severe ammonia burns when I bought him from Petco. (Which is why I bought him, because I wanted to rescue him.) At first I wasn't sure if he was going to make it as he darted around and acted like he was insane. I treated with patience and salt with daily water changes.
How long have you owned your Betta? Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?
I've had him for several months. He had ammonia burns (I tested the cup's water when I got home out of curiosity and it was at 4 ppm)
He also gets very stressed when I cup him to do water changes. Or sometimes when I look at him the wrong way. He's finicky. He gets an instant stress stripe all down his body. Right now he looks fine but the growth? is worrisome.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts