Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My mom and dad are awesome. My male halfmoon blew a HUGE bubble nest and of course my mom was all like 'we'll be up for 5 hours more! Let's breed them! My female is a veiltail.... I was all 'Umm... no, sorry. We really don't have the supplies we need....

Anyone ever experienced something like this?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was jokingly telling my dad that I wanted to start a community tank. And he said okay let's do it. I was joking but now he is so excited, and I'm happy he is gonna help me set it up this summer can't wait! Itll be a sorority!

He used to be into fish but he has never dealt with freshwater fish before

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi everyone! My mom and dad are awesome. My male halfmoon blew a HUGE bubble nest and of course my mom was all like 'we'll be up for 5 hours more! Let's breed them! My female is a veiltail.... I was all 'Umm... no, sorry. We really don't have the supplies we need....

Anyone ever experienced something like this?
I just want to say it's great that your parents are as enthusiastic about this as you are. I know you've thought this over, but just keep in mind that breeding, that means any animal, requires a lot of time and resources. If you are willing to attempt it, we would love to hear about it... but it's going to take a lot of effort to get there, in addition to consideration as to what you are going to do with all the fry that will come with the breeding.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wow that's great! Maybe they see it's a good hobby for you. I know MrVampie is pretty young, 13 or 14 I think? And they basically let him take over their shed area, he has a garbage bin full of live plants, shelves for his males, a bit heater, it's pretty amazing. I know if my son or daughter was really into something like this and saved their money, I would totally make it happen for them. I think pets, sports, music, anything to teach a child responsibility, rewards, etc, is really important. It's always important to be sure they're going to commit though, usually it's kids that are over eager :)

Also if you have a nice hm male, splurge on a hm female, crossing with a VT will mostly result in VTs, although if you wanted to keep breeding, you could breed for the hm trait.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
your lucky >-< and breeding needs lot's of work and research, hope you could handle it :) and VT aren't the best choice in breeding. if you do spawn them, what your going to do with the fry you don't want? and most of your fry will be VT, and since VT isn't a very popular finnage not many people will buy them. i didn't think of that when i spawned a VT :lol: and i only have one fry (wayy stunted) but it's your choice :) no one could tell you what to do :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts