Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to add more plants/decor to the prince's tank to make it a bit less barren and more fun for him. But upon reading how you should rearrange the decor in sororities if the girls were to be removed for a prolonged amount of time (something like that), I became worried that if I add more decorations it will stress Kaida out. Can I go ahead and renovate or not?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Well, make sure you rince off ANY items REALLY REALLY well before adding them
For majoy changes, I always remove my boys since they like to get in my way (I don't want them to get hurt) but for smaller things, like a new plant or a small rock, I will lure him to the otherside so I can place it in... they haven't gotten stressed out by this, but for a comple renovation, def. take him out

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been looking to add more plants/decor to the prince's tank to make it a bit less barren and more fun for him. But upon reading how you should rearrange the decor in sororities if the girls were to be removed for a prolonged amount of time (something like that), I became worried that if I add more decorations it will stress Kaida out. Can I go ahead and renovate or not?
You can certainly go ahead and keep renovating the tank! The rearranging the tank decor in sororities refers to the fact that they are reestablishing their pecking order and territories so rearranging the decor can help to decrease aggression at the beginning (I believe). I think that your betta would be perfectly happy if you keep adding to his tank and making it less empty. If you find he is getting stressed out though--odd behavior, tail biting maybe--you can just remove the last thing you put in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts