Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, Goku looks great, saiyan mode must look awesome. What did you get banned for?
1.) Keeping some bettas in 2.5 gallon tanks intentionally and not being remorseful about it.

2.) Accurately predicting when the 5 gallon police were about to shame a noob into oblivion for not having a proper 5 gallon setup.

3.) Having a bit of fun by encouraging people to buy fake plants, betta logs and pre bottled betta water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Why is it bad to keep a Betta in a 2.5 gallon?

Wait, is there a rule that sais you have to keep Bettas in 5 gallons minimum??? Don't get that.
(Here we don't have such a rule. We encourage people sharing their ''smaller'' Betta tanks in this thread, if you want to check it out 1-2 Gallon Tanks, Bowls & Vases)
Sounds like I’ll be welcomed here with open arms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We do not allow any kind of shaming - whether tank or lack of knowledge. And are especially strict in the emergency subforum. Please carefully read rules and guidelines.

@betta4ever; many hobbyists believe the humane minimum tank size to be 5g. They can be quite aggressive if someone were to say otherwise.
The 5 gallon patrol are quite aggressive.

I’m glad to see they are not given absolute power here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:LOL: I would have been banned too with a bounty on my head. I used to keep my betta in a 1 gallon, but I will never do that again.
They really hated me because I insisted that 2.5 gallons is enough. I have several happy bettas in very well maintained 2.5 gallon planted tanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was on one that said 10 gallon minimum. I’ve had betta for 25 years, none of them get a 10 all to themselves
I like longer finned fellas who I find do well in smaller tanks. Just my opinion though.
Yes, the radicals on Reddit are inching closer towards an absurd 10 gallon “minimum.”

The only reason they haven’t adopted that stance so far is because a lot of them are nerdy highschool kids who can’t convince their parents to allow them to upgrade their existing 5 gallon set-ups.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good grief! Sure, if it were possible, I’d love all of my bettas to have 10 gallon tanks, but I certainly don’t think it’s mandatory. Those folks are always using the “they’ll survive, but not thrive” argument. Sure, ok. Can anyone show me the unbiased research that proves that statement? My fish can’t talk, so it’s hard to know what they actually think. But, I’m guessing that it would be something along the lines of “thanks for getting me out of that dang cup! It was so cold and small! This huge 3 gallon tank is amazing! I love it here!”
I love my little nippy fishes and as I watch them every day they certainly don’t appear to be suffering. Two are currently working on their giant bubble nests and the other is “hunting” for any food he might have missed from breakfast.
My dream is at least a 20 long with a true giant betta and maybe some cories or some snails. Some day!!
They are delusional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts