Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Good grief! Sure, if it were possible, I’d love all of my bettas to have 10 gallon tanks, but I certainly don’t think it’s mandatory. Those folks are always using the “they’ll survive, but not thrive” argument. Sure, ok. Can anyone show me the unbiased research that proves that statement? My fish can’t talk, so it’s hard to know what they actually think. But, I’m guessing that it would be something along the lines of “thanks for getting me out of that dang cup! It was so cold and small! This huge 3 gallon tank is amazing! I love it here!”
I love my little nippy fishes and as I watch them every day they certainly don’t appear to be suffering. Two are currently working on their giant bubble nests and the other is “hunting” for any food he might have missed from breakfast.
My dream is at least a 20 long with a true giant betta and maybe some cories or some snails. Some day!!
They are delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
24,037 Posts
They're not delusional. They honestly believe what they preach because it's been preached to them and they believed the preachers. They anthropomorphize and use skewed human logic to support their opinions. "IMO" is not used often enough when discussing Betta.

·
Super Moderator
7,321 Posts
I was on one that said 10 gallon minimum. I’ve had betta for 25 years, none of them get a 10 all to themselves 😂
I like longer finned fellas who I find do well in smaller tanks. Just my opinion though.
That's nothing. Lol
Once there was a member who insisted that bettas should be alone in a planted 70g (or something - forgot exactly) and was quite aggressive about it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
LOL, as soon as you mentioned the 5 gallon police squad, I knew exactly where you were banned from 😂

Every time I go there, I just leave angry. I about lost it after reading a post where someone was told they killed their fish by putting it in a 5 gallon uncycled tank cause the fish died in 48 hrs. Ummm, no.

this forum is amazing. So much knowledge and no one is an arse about it.

I currently have a 2.5 gallon tank with a female VT. Over years of betta keeping, my absolute fav tank is the Top Fin Enchant 3.5 gallon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
1.) Keeping some bettas in 2.5 gallon tanks intentionally and not being remorseful about it.

2.) Accurately predicting when the 5 gallon police were about to shame a noob into oblivion for not having a proper 5 gallon setup.

3.) Having a bit of fun by encouraging people to buy fake plants, betta logs and pre bottled betta water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whoa! I had better not set up my 2 gallon 2 betta tank, had I? I had no idea there were laws about that!
Now, fake plants are a serious matter. I have a large bag of them that I took out after getting the live plant bug. I suppose I'll have to join the live plant forum to find out why so many of my gorgeous live plants die.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts