Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I recently got a baby crayfish from my pond - It was in moult and another crayfish was fighting it - trying to eat it, so I took the baby back inside my house. I found a plastic 9L tub and I added a bubble aerator, put a hide, and a bit of gravel. He has been eating well (AMAZING) and has already finished his moult! I will soon be upgrading him with a filter when I move him to the 5-gallon tank, which has a very low flow filter to prevent sucking him into it. After when he gets too big for the 5 gallon, I will move him to a 10 gallon, which also has a nice filter. When he(/she) fully matures, I will move him into the 20-gallon tank. All the tanks will have a nice filter, bubble aerator, gravel, (possibly live plants), hides, and more. I wish I could release the baby, but he (/she) already depends on me for food, and we both have gotten attached to each other. He(/she) has a pretty big appetite, boiled lettuce, bloodworms, mysis shrimp, peas, and lots of other foods. Thanks for reading my post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts