Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh!! It might be more of an issue for me than others in my city due to having to use transit.

There are two speciality Fish shops in Calgary Pisces Pet Empourium, and Big Al's Pets. The only problem is I live in the SW, and both shops are an hour tranist ride in the NE! There are a couple Petsmarts, Petlands, and Walmarts closer to me, but they don't have anything I'm looking for.
I've been searching online to find other pet stores, and there are places that don't say if they carry fish or fish accessories, they just say PETS, and I have to go through their list of brands to see who they cater to.

It has made me a bit upset that most people don't really see fish as pets, because you can't play with them, pet them like other animals. Reptiles, rodents, cats and dogs, birds, are different because you can hug them, play with them, hold them. So people place fish in a decoration catergory than with pets.

Mind you everyone here are fish fantatics, myself included. It just upsets me that it's so hard to find a pet store that caters to fish!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree! I'm currently taking a entrepreneurship class. I decided my business would be a specialty fish store.... Most people don't believe going into that business isn't worth it :/

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree! I'm currently taking a entrepreneurship class. I decided my business would be a specialty fish store.... Most people don't believe going into that business isn't worth it :/
Well you have to create a business that no one else is doing, sometimes its a hit or miss, but a cafe only doesnt do well because there are billions of cafes, fish pet stores are different few are really around, meaning you will have a higher customer rate. PISCES is so popular because there isn't really anything else out here, they know i will travel there, they know that that's what people will do because there is no real competition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts