Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When does the Petco in Riverdale, Utah get new betta fish shipments? Is it a set day in the month or during the week? I’ve been wanting to get a betta and I want first pick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the same thought process when I got my boys :) and it worked nicely. You could call them and ask, or observe over a couple of months.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same thought process when I got my boys :) and it worked nicely. You could call them and ask, or observe over a couple of months.
My sweet little boy died just a few weeks ago. He was the sweetest chillest little dude. Those betta diseases, they took him to soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
When does the Petco in Riverdale, Utah get new betta fish shipments? Is it a set day in the month or during the week? I’ve been wanting to get a betta and I want first pick.
Petco here gets their betta shipments on Thursdays. My petco in Edwardsville Pa. U.S.A. ask the associate and they'll let you know. And if you are nice and leave a business card they will call you to check the bettas as they open shipment's. At least mine here does. So get to know your local fish store managers. It only takes a few mins and it just takes a "I have a question." To any associate.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My sweet little boy died just a few weeks ago. He was the sweetest chillest little dude. Those betta diseases, they took him to soon!
What Betta diseases are we talking about, Kept in the right conditions Bettas are quite hardy even when not kept in the right conditions it amazes me how the fish survive.

On a personal note, I wouldnt buy a Betta from a chain pet store you are better off getting one from a local breeder. My giant cost almost $100 from a breeder.

·
Super Moderator
18,863 Posts
I respectfully disagree about buying from a pet store. If you go on the day or day after the shipment arrives all should be fine. And not all pet stores take poor care of their Betta.

Many do not have access to a breeder and many of our members are kids who have very little discretionary income or depend on their parents to fund their hobby. Even online is beyond most once one adds $15 for shipping + $25+ for the Betta.

From years on this Forum, it is clear most parents will not allow spending more than a pet store charges; especially upwards of $100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts