Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Petco is having its dollar per gallon sale until 5/7/16. Not sure if it is just the petco on monroe street in toledo or all petcos. Pretty sure it is their 10 gallons and above. Thought I would share the word.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Tank only.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Is it just the tank or a complete setup?
Just the tank and only for:
10g
20g long
20g high
29g
40g breeder
55g
Have to have a petco members card (just go in and ask an employee they'll set you up fast) for the discount.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
If you have an Ace hardware in your area it's a good next stop after you buy your tank. They can measure and cut the glass while you have the tank. Double pane glass with the corners cut (for tubes and cords) does the job. Sand the edges before use and you can use 3M handles or suction cups for a handle. You might have to do more than one cut for larger tanks. Some silly people think you can't use the double pane glass but you have to insist it's fine.
It's very aesthetically pleasing and functional.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am thinking of getting a forty breeder from petco, but need a stand. I wonder what the cost of stands at PetCo are.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm going to be taking advantage of this! Getting a grow-out tank this weekend it's an hour or so trip but worth setting up early

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm going to do a 20 long

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is what I got from the sale, I have it divided and my 3 boys are in their now. I really hope it isn't just my petco if you are taking an hour trip to go and get a tank. I really don't know if it is decided by managers, or the company,or if it is regional or not. I feel like they put that on the sticker advertising for the sale as well as the dates

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I had the add pop up on my browser ^^ it's in des moins and I need to see if I can get some more breeder guppies anyway and finding another female Betta would be a huge bonus it won't just be for the tank I might even get to see my mom

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a tank at the sale but left it at the petco to figure out how to take home later. I was hoping my ride would be in a good mood for me to bring it home but she was not. Might try to get a Lyft tomorrow to get it home.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the add pop up on my browser ^^ it's in des moins and I need to see if I can get some more breeder guppies anyway and finding another female Betta would be a huge bonus it won't just be for the tank I might even get to see my mom
nothing better than fish and family :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a tank at the sale but left it at the petco to figure out how to take home later. I was hoping my ride would be in a good mood for me to bring it home but she was not. Might try to get a Lyft tomorrow to get it home.
How big was that tank? even a 20 long isn't so big that it couldn't fit in the back seat of a car, unless it is a smart car. Glad I finally got my license, waited until the very last minute to do so, but I got one. Now I just drive my parents car and randomly show up at home with fish supplies. They give the "really you need more fish stuff, how much have you spent on them now?" face everytime. Heck I am so close to getting this 30 gallon on a oak stand for sale for 40$ on craiglist just because I might need it eventually :lol: .

·
Registered
609 Posts
How big was that tank? even a 20 long isn't so big that it couldn't fit in the back seat of a car, unless it is a smart car. Glad I finally got my license, waited until the very last minute to do so, but I got one. Now I just drive my parents car and randomly show up at home with fish supplies. They give the "really you need more fish stuff, how much have you spent on them now?" face everytime. Heck I am so close to getting this 30 gallon on a oak stand for sale for 40$ on craiglist just because I might need it eventually :lol: .
I also got mine at the last minute! :lol: Otherwise I would have taken those driving classes for nothing. Although I rarely go get fish stuff alone, the parents always want to go as well :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I dont go alone I won't get anything :oops: . I have a tendency to go in and walk out with way more things than I actually needed. My boyfriend is pretty good at keeping me from spending all my money on fish stuff. I took the drivers classes paid for them then never went to take the final test and didn't do drive times. Instead I had my mom teach me and the day befote my second temps expired I got my license. 19 almost 20 and I can finally do what mu friends have been doing for almost 4 years give or taking.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
This stand is also on sale on amazon. Has anyone used this style of stand? Does it adequately support the aquarium and water and all that?

·
Registered
609 Posts
!

If I dont go alone I won't get anything :oops: . I have a tendency to go in and walk out with way more things than I actually needed. My boyfriend is pretty good at keeping me from spending all my money on fish stuff. I took the drivers classes paid for them then never went to take the final test and didn't do drive times. Instead I had my mom teach me and the day befote my second temps expired I got my license. 19 almost 20 and I can finally do what mu friends have been doing for almost 4 years give or taking.
Ah, I got mine a week before I turned 19, although I was forced by my parents to do so :lol: I had pretty much forgotten how to drive when I went to take the test the first time and was horridly nervous so I failed. Did much better the second time! About not buying fish stuff around the parents, I feel you. That's why I hate going betta shopping with them, as they will try to influence me into getting one they like :roll: I like going with my boyfriend though, he's respectful towards what I want, and if he sees me staring at a certain one more than the others he will tell me it's the one I want :lol: He helped me pick Oshi and he was my favorite betta by far.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This stand is also on sale on amazon. Has anyone used this style of stand? Does it adequately support the aquarium and water and all that?
It has good reviews, I would think it's fine. Looks nice too! If it worries you I would get a piece of wood to put under the tank to help even the weigh, I do it with my wrought iron stand and it makes me worry about it collapsing or something much less :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think it was a fifty five. It was not the tank size but the fact that my ride was being crabby.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts