Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my petco got a really big shipment of bettas and some of them are beautiful. If anyone is interested in any of them, I can go pick them up, just pay for them and their shipping :]

There are some absolute monster Kings there ;D

#4 black/copper with blue wash, his color is gorgeous nd he was super hard to catch in the right light

#5 Red, white and blue king

#6 another absolutely massive king, he barely fits in the cup

#7 true orange double tail

#8 white king, has a few black/dark blue flecks, dunno what color he will end up or if he'll stay white

#9 have no idea how to describe his color, sort of a washed out/pastel copper and red

No promises if they will still be there, but if they are I will nab them and send you an invoice for them :]

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Oooohhhh those Kings are gorgeous!!! Akkk I wish I had some space for one, that first one, and white one are calling my name!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
357 Posts
The very first one is so pretty! All of them really, but that one catches my eye. :) I love when people post pictures of the fish they see at the stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Ergh... Tempted to take in Another Absolutely Massive King... but only because I feel extra bad for extra-sized fish who has to endure life in a cup. Then I probably shouldn't =\ it's not like you would pet-sit for four months anyway LOL

Color wise I love the first and last ^^ hope they find good homes

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@olivia, I mean I would totes pet sit as long as I knew they went to good homes hurng, especially the huge guy. I was tempted to take him myself because he was so freaking massive but I would have to do some tank shuffling. I do have space but I'd have to wait a week or so until all my stuff for dividing my 10 for my 3 girls would free up my bookshelf tank ahhh struggles XD

and I'm so happy they got a new load of fish. they havent had a new shipment in months because of that drama with the suppliers. From someone on the inside, the supplier of animals for petco and petsmart went under investigation for animal abuse so there has been like no new shipments of anything for a while

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Oh gee, you made me flip flop between future tank plans XD aaaannnd... They're investigating the wrong end of the chain imo. The abuse happens at the retail store, not at the breeding farm =\

Welp I just did measurements and apparently I can still fit a Stingray over a 3g KK if I want a tank in the third shelf of my bookshelf. Cobalt can go there, and his 10g can go to a big fat fish :p

TBH I'm more drawn towards Blue White and Red King though~ and he's pretty massive himself. LMK if he's still around next week when your bookshelf opens up

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sure thing! I think I might be able to get him tomorrow since the other half needs food for her bearded dragon >u>!! he'll just hang out in a QT KK for a few days until the bookshelf is ready.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Yaaay I have no impulse controooool XD

He's $15 isn't he? Oh and if you manage to get an exact BO measurement of him that'll be great :3 just curious is all, I'd still take him even if he falls below 2.5"

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boo, no luck. Him and the yellow/white/blue dragon scale were gone. Everyone else is still there.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
#8 white king, has a few black/dark blue flecks, dunno what color he will end up or if he'll stay white
I got one similar to this boy recently (in march) he's marbling various used of blue. Crappy photo, bubble bowl curved glass=distorted body look but shows how much he's marbled (he had no blue when he came home)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah! What a beautiful boy ;u; Thats what I'm thinking would happen to this guy

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Aw :( well probably for the best. I'll look around again after summer

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Is a "king" betta just alternate terminology for a giant? Is #6 a plakat?
No. A King is Petco's term for slightly larger PK males. A true giant must reach over 2.5" BO by adulthood (~6 months old). But lately, someway somehow, actual giants has been showing up in Petco under the name Halfmoon Kings. Either that or just plain ol King which is $5 cheaper. Petco does not carry any other tail types aside from PK for Kings

Edit: eeeeep Euro help! I just thoroughly read Aqua's post ( skimmed past it previously ahaa) and my head goes "oi if that cello marbled to blue instead of black me want me want". What do I do? Decide my life for me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No. A King is Petco's term for slightly larger PK males. A true giant must reach over 2.5" BO by adulthood (~6 months old). But lately, someway somehow, actual giants has been showing up in Petco under the name Halfmoon Kings. Either that or just plain ol King which is $5 cheaper. Petco does not carry any other tail types aside from PK for Kings

Edit: eeeeep Euro help! I just thoroughly read Aqua's post ( skimmed past it previously ahaa) and my head goes "oi if that cello marbled to blue instead of black me want me want". What do I do? Decide my life for me!
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I have been searching for giants similar to that color in #6. Really wish Petsmart at least sold plakats, I have no Petcos near me.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Geeeet hiiiim XD seriously though peeps, Petco cups are 4" in diameter. So if a fish "almost doesn't fit" chances are their BO count surpasses 2" to some degree. Teeeechnically I don't think anything even slightly smaller than 2.5" qualifies as a giant, but personally I'd let em get away with it x)

Is that cello a cello tho? His fins aren't transparent. What if he's a pale yellow and is stable? Yuck, uncertainty.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Srsly, sometimes the big guys shoot in. Newton (my own personal "king") is about 2 1/4 inch in his body alone excluding his tail and the king I mentioned that almost didnt fit in the cup is bigger then him

the big guy is like pinkish not really yellow but I didnt take him out to see him under the light so it might be blue spots and not black. I'll check again if hes still there to see if its blue. HUrng when they come in "white" its always like AHHH what will they end up as? Lord gordon was all white once and he ended up completely dark blue with a black head before he passed away, so its a crap shoot. I wish I was better at telling colors and stuff.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I only like cellos if they marble lol if not they appear creepy to me. If you see blue specks on him the next time you visit - and you don't mind pet sitting until after summer (totally OK if you changed your mind!) - it's an immediate "yes".

Knowing my luck however he'd probably be gone next time you go x)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts