Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new female, Phyanna. I bought a 5gal and moved Magdalena in with Phyanna. They seem to be getting along just fine. I think Magdalena will be the boss of the two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, so far it doesn't look like Magdalena is too aggressive. She just follows Phyanna around and looks like she's "smelling" her. She only flared at Phyanna tiny bit. I'm also gonna try to find a pretty little blue female to add.
And sorry, I don't have a pic of whole tank yet, forgot to take one!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Cute, but, you can't keep JUST 2 females. You need at least 3, 5+ being preferable, in a MINIMUM of 10gal, with a TON of cover. I would suggest moving one to her own tank, or dividing the 5 gal. Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to, just tellin' ya.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Having less then 4 females together might work for the short term, but i can say from experience...it will turn into a fight sooner or later. The "Smelling" will lead to nipping.
Anything less then a 10 is not enough space for them, they need the territory.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Both gorgeous girls. I love cellophanes. :3

Despite what people tell you- you have to keep 3 to 5 in a 10 gal, I don't see why you can't keep them in 2s as long as they get along. If they continue to, don't move them. :) I've had to keep 2 girls together before, and it worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
These females look young which is probably why it is working. I tried to put two mature females who had lived together previously in my sorority together in a 45 gallon planted tank and they just sat in one corner fighting.

I would keep very close eyes on any signs of aggression. This can be as subtle as the way the dominant female holds her body when she approaches a subordinate. Constant psychological warfare can cause stress for both fish, so you really have to be constantly monitoring the situation.

That said, I love cellophanes, particularly females. To give these girls the best chance, I would really build up a lot of cover and hiding places (PVC pipe joiners work well as the subordinate female can't be boxed in and attacked).

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
i told you people well say it.

anyways isn't okay just 3? i was gonna do 4 females in a 10 gallon but lady amaya passed away, and aris came in with this pale area's hopefully it will go away (i still need help what it is no one wanted to :( ) and royal blue females are soo pretty, one of the most cutest females are the red combodian Crowntails IMO

from MY experience with two girls, they got along in 2 days :) they where both together looking for food on the floor, they started getting aggresive (mostly just the smallest one) when i added a 3rd female :|

1 - 10 of 10 Posts