Betta Fish Forum banner

Pictures of My Bettas

977 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackOrchid16 
#1 ·
My betta addiction started when going to petsmart to buy a betta to put in a bowl for my desktop. I found Berry, a beautiful purple VT male. I had only previous pet store employees help in setting up a bowl for him and I didn't know anything I know now. But he was happy in his bowl and loved watching me do homework.
A couple weeks later I bought 2 more, Flash (RIP) and Captain. Then I found this forum and realized my fish need bigger tanks. I then went out and bought 2 10gal and made them into community tanks and Berry and Flash were out into the 10gal, where as Captain went into a 5gal with some panda cories since he is more aggressive then my other two. I was very happy with how everything was going with my fish :)
Then just 3 weeks ago I bought Toby. He lives in a 3gal critter keeper with 2 ADFs. He is the sweetest and calmest of my bettas. He swims beside the frogs and doesn't get in their way. He also stares at me when I'm near his tank.
Then 2 weeks ago Flash died. He was a rescue in Nov. 2011 that I couldn't resist. He was strong for 5 months, but he couldn't make it. After cleaning the tank it felt lonely not having a betta in there so I went and bought another one. Starburst is a tiny blue VT that is also sweet. He had no problem going into the community tank and is best friends with the red platy. They are seen swimming together all the time.
I also had a female betta named Mona for a week, she was another rescue that had a fungal infection or something. She looked better on her 6th day with me but then in the morning I found her dead. I hope one day to have a sorority tank since the only bettas I have are males.

Now that you read my story here are the pics of my bettas.

See less See more
#8 ·
Toby

Toby the male orange/red/black/blue VT. I first bought him and he had black tips on his tail. Then he started to show some blue in his tail. His colour is always changing. The first pic is the day I bought him (April 7th) and the second is of today after redoing his tank (April 16th). And the last is what his tank looks like now. Toby is a big boy too :)

#9 ·
Starburst

Starburst the newest addition to my fish family. He is a tiny blue/grey VT male in a 10gal community tank.
First pic is introducing him to the tank. He was sitting there for around 30 min getting used to everything. After slow water changes he was welcomed into the tank.
The second pic is of the same day a couple hours later fully adjusted to the tank.

#11 ·
Very pretty guys! Captain is a VT with a butterfly pattern.

#13 ·
Well I went on another trip to the pet stores around town and ended up coming home with another betta. This time its a VT female. I got an XL round critter keeper that I fell in love with a couple weeks ago and wanted to buy but decided to hold off until I knew where to stick the new tank. I found a spot in my bedroom and decided to get it. That store had sad bettas in tiny tiny cups and all looked like they would be belly up soon :( I felt bad for them, but I couldnt buy them since I didnt want to pay $10 for a dead fish and that store doesnt have a refund policy for fish. So I went to Petsmart to look at fish and get some plants for the tank. I then found a cute little girl and couldnt leave her there. She is currently in a quarantine tank for a couple of days while the sand settles down and the filter does its job.
I will post pics of her tomorrow when she has adjusted more. I also need to figure out a name for her.

#14 ·
New Betta

So here is the female I got last night. She is starting to relax and loose the stress stripes she had when in the pet store cup. I haven't come up with a name yet but I a thinking Daisy since she enjoyed the 3min car ride home on my dash (dont worry I drove slow).
She has a unique colouring. She has a blueish-green body and then a green/red tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.