Plant Botany Natural environment Organism Grass
Water Botany Fin Organism Underwater
Water Underwater Organism Fin Aquatic plant
Water Vertebrate Blue Organism Underwater
Plant Botany Natural environment Organism Grass
Water Botany Fin Organism Underwater
Water Underwater Organism Fin Aquatic plant
Water Vertebrate Blue Organism Underwater
I have a 28 days old betta.Who is happily exploring the tank flaring at the snails sometimes at himself, eating foods readily.
Yesterday evening I observed a very small pintype hole on his upper Fin.Till now there's no change in behaviour,yet I've changed water around 30-40% fed him.
FYI: I have 7 gallon tank,planted low tech,I am using a HOB filter 350lit/hr 3 watt,I am not using any thermostat as I live in Kolkata (India) and the breeder recommended not use it specifically.My Betta has Tank Mates(2 zebra danios and 1 SAE) with whom he hasn't fought till date except the snails.
My question is that is there anything to get concerned about ???or should I just let it roll and it will eventually heal up View attachment 1036322

See less See more
#2 ·
Your boy is beautiful! IMO he just ripped his fin on a decor. Do yoy mind filling out this form so we can better help you!?

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank?
Does it have a filter?
Does it have a heater?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind?

Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets?
Freeze-dried?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?
What percentage of water did you change?
What is the source of your water?
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner?
Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms?
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?
Is your Betta still eating?
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how?
Does your Betta have any history of being ill?
How long have you owned your Betta?
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased?

Reactions: Eridanus
#3 ·
Housing:
How many gallons is your tank?
Does it have a filter?
Does it have a heater?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind?

Food:
What food brand do you use?
Do you feed flakes or pellets?
Freeze-dried?
How often do you feed your Betta? How much?
Maintenance:
Before your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change?
What percentage of water did you change?
What is the source of your water?
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?
What additives do you use other than conditioner? What brand of conditioner?
Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Thanks a lot.
If you can go through my description you will find most of your answers and the additional information that I can provide I will provide below.
I feed him betta pallets,tubifex worms(dried), frozen-dried blood worms.I feed him twice a day.
My tank volume is 7 gallon approx.
I have noticed this fin situation just 24 hrs.ago and I can vouch for this that it was not there before as I'm pretty close with my boy.
No, there's no symptoms of slowing down or decolourisation he's still running and exploring each and every inches of the tank including eating in enthusiastic manner.
as I have mentioned I change my water with 6-7 days interval with a min 30% volume.
I use two plant growth medicine phyto carb and k++(its basically the required minerals for plants) and I use anti itch blue everytime I change water and aquarium salt of 1 ml/litre calculation.
When I brought him from the breeder he was very fine and healthy and has the same characteristics that he has.
unfortunately I can't provide you the parameters you are asking as I don't have the required tools.
My Betta has Tank Mates that I have mentioned and they are very happy and healthy and doing everything they are supposed to do as being healthy except fighting with my boy Betta!🙂

#4 ·
Do you dip out water or vacuum? Why do you use anti itch blue and aquarium salt? Is there anything that he may have ripped his fins on? Water parametres ary very important. If he has fin rot, there must be something wrong with them. Is the tank cycled?

#5 ·
Pin holes are most often the result of excessive flaring.

Regarding the diet that you are feeding: if you mean you are feeding freeze-dried tubifex and freeze-dried bloodworms, I'd encourage you to replace both with frozen foods. Freeze-dried foods are probably the cause of more betta bloat and dropsy problems than any other source. Frozen foods, however, have the exact opposite effect and keep the digestive system flowing. I feed 75% frozen and 25% pellets and have done so for decades, which is how long it's been since I've had any digestive/bloat/dropsy issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.