1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not very smart with plant selection
And didn't keep the names of them :/
I know I have Anubis and "aquatic fern" which I think is java fern
And a couple others but I don't know what this one is at all, but my ADF loveeesssss hiding in it
Help please? What is it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dwarf hairgrass maybe? Looks to be too crazy to be micro swords or chain swords.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It doesnt look like hair grass to me and not like my chain sword... and I dont know about micro swords but I dont think it is.
hmmm... to the Google!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I always pictured micro sword as a thick cluster but it does make sense if it was a small piece. Lucky duck I want some but cant find any around here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooh ok thank you :)
Does it help water quality? (not in place pf water changes or anything of course)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm like super proud of my Anubis because it isn't in the best conditions according to the plant thread but I did pick up some fertilizer.
It's soooooooooo gorgeous but froggers never sat on it lol he likes the sword one

·
Registered
220 Posts
Plants can help water parameters(aka that yucky ammonia stuff we talk so much about) and prevent algae growth(by taking the nutrients that algae needs). Beyond that, I dunno.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Yes, it can help water quality, and it is some sort of microsword. However, you do need to root it in the substrate. It's not a super-easy plants. It would do a lot better in smaller-grain substrate. It also needs med-high light to grow really well, and you may find it does better with ferts.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay thank you, I'll see what I can do.
I've had it since the tank so like a month- month in a half

1 - 11 of 11 Posts